paintone Terms and Conditions of Use
The terms and conditions of use shown here (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms and Conditions") set forth the terms between SHIKUMI DESIGN, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") and users(hereinafter referred to as the "User") of iOS Application: "paintone: original noise and musical sound picture book maker" (hereinafter referred to as the "Application") and any services via Application (includes a Website for User authentication, hereinafter referred to as the "Service"), which is provided by the Company.
In addition to the preamble, the following words and terms shall have the meanings set forth below when they are used in the Terms and Conditions.
- "User" means a person who uses the Application and the Service.
- "Work" means data which includes images, sounds or a combination of both, that may be used in the Application. The Work also includes its title, the ID of the author, its released date, and so on.
- "Sharing Server" means a server on the Internet which is provided by the Company, in order to provide the creation and sharing of the Work created by the User.
- "Shared Work" means the Work which the User has uploaded to the Sharing Server.
- "ID" means a unique character string to be employed to identify the User.
- "Registered Email Address" means an Email address which is provided by the User to the Company in order to use the Service.
- "Password" means the password you choose to identify yourself when using the Service.
- "Registration Information" means the information which includes the ID, the Registered Email Address, the Password and combination thereof.
2. AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- All Users shall use the Service in accordance with the terms stated in the Terms and Conditions.
- By actually using the Service, the User is deemed to have agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
3. MODIFICATIONS TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Company shall be able to change the Terms and Conditions without any consent of the User.
- The modification will become effective once the modified Terms and Conditions is posted on an appropriate location within the official website of the Application operated by the Company (http://www.paintone.org/policy/)
- In addition to the preceding paragraph, the Company might inform of modification in the following ways:
- Notification sent to the Registered Email Address.
- Notification using a function of the Application.
- The User shall be deemed to have granted valid the modified Terms and Conditions by continuing to use the Service.
4. UPDATE OF THE APPLICATION
The User shall keep the Application up to date for latest features.
5. THE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- In order to use the Service, the User shall register the unique ID for the User to personally choose, the User identity and the Password to provide the Company with information about the available the Registered Email Address.
- One user will not register more than one ID. One ID will belong to only one user.
- The ID cannot not be changed after registration.
- The User can change the function of the Service, the Password and the Registered Email Address, but for the procedure, part of the registration information before the change is required. The Company does not take any responsibility if the ID of choice is not available, or if the User forgot or lost some or all of the registration information, and registration is no longer possible.
- If the User uploads their own Work to the Sharing Server, the ID of the User who uploaded will be shown as the author of the Work.
- The User shall be assumed to be paying enough attention to prevent unauthorized acts by third parties, such as spoofing, and is responsible for the management of the registration information. The Company shall not be held liable for any troubles or damages arising from the fact that the registration information is revealed to others.
- If the User finds a spoofing act by a third party, he/she shall notify the Company immediately.
- It is prohibited to transfer, lend or sell the ID.
- If the User himself can no longer use the Registered Email Address, he/she shall change the registration information immediately, entering an available Email Address. The Company shall not be held liable for any troubles or damages arising from a delay of this change.
6. DELETION OF THE ID
- If the User wants to stop the use of the Service, the User shall remove the ID him/herself.
- The Work that has been uploaded by the ID, along with the ID, itself will be deleted from the Sharing Server.
- It is not possible to re-register by using the same ID if you had deleted the ID once.
- In order to ensure effective operation of the Sharing Server, the Company will delete the User's ID, as determined by the Company, if the ID corresponds to the following conditions: The ID is not used for a long period of time and the affiliated Works are not downloaded by other users for a certain period of time.
- The Company shall not be
7. PROVISION OF THE WORK
- The Company will provide the User with paid and free Works through the Service and the Application.
- If the User buys the paid Work, the User shall pay the amount determined by the Company's settlement with Apple Corporation.
- The Company may revise the price of the paid Work. The User shall acknowledge that in some cases the revised price and price at the time of purchase is different for some works the User had purchased.
- Because the Work is a digital content, exchange and refunding are impossible. The Company shall not offer the User the ability to cancel the purchase, exchange or receive a refund after the Work had been purchased by the User.
- The User shall acknowledge that the cases specified in each of the following statements, the Work you have downloaded for free or purchased in the past, may not be available anymore.
- If the iOS has been upgraded.
- If the Application has been upgraded.
- If Apple Corporation stops selling the electrical device which is able to run iOS and stops providing support service.
- If the device which the Application has been installed on is undergoing restoring operations.
- If uninstall of the Application is done.
- If the reason is arising from Apple Corporation or the User himself.
- Based on the above, the Company shall not be held liable for any troubles or damages arising from the fact that the Work is not available.
8. HANDLING THE SHARED WORK
- The Shared Work, the images and sounds included in the Shared Work, the title and comment displayed as related to the Work have the possibility to be spread and changed beyond the original User’s intention using various methods including the following cases from (1) to (4). Each User should be aware of the prohibitions in the following Articles, and also, based on the Articles above, it is assumed that the User himself/herself pays enough attention to the handling of their Work.
- The Shared Work is downloadable by all Users. The images and sounds included in the Shared Work, the title and comments displayed as related to the Work shall have the possibility to be used by all Users and third parties beyond the original Work and the Application.
- The information of the Shared Work, the ID of the User who had originally uploaded the Work, the automatically generated thumbnail image of the Shared Work, the title and comments of the Shared Work are displayed on the application.
- Even after the original User deletes his/her Work from the Sharing Server, the Shared Work that had been previously downloaded to the Application of another User shall not be deleted from the other User’s Application.
- Another User can upload a Work previously downloaded from the Sharing Server. In this case, the Shared Work is treated as the new User’s Work, whether or not there is a change in the original Work, and the ID related to the Work is now the new User’s ID.
- The User should handle carefully his/her Work and should prevent trouble in advance, especially when the Work includes Portrait Rights, property or privacy information of him/herself or of third parties which have not given their consent.
- The User shall allow in advance the Work uploaded by him/herself to be used by other Users and the Company, and to be re-uploaded by other Users and the Company. The User cannot restrict usage of their Work by other Users and the Company by exercising copyright, moral rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights.
- Any responsibility for the shared Work shall be held by the User who uploads the applicable Work. The User shall settle any troubles or damages arising from his/her uploading the Work at his/her own liability and cost.
- The number of Works one User can upload is limited. When the Company reduces this number, the excessive number of Works will automatically be deleted. In this case, the User can not select which work will be deleted.
- The Company does not provide any guarantee of storing the Work on the Sharing Server whatsoever. The Company shall not be held liable for any troubles or damages arising from the deletion of the Work from the Sharing Server.
- We are not responsible for any troubles and damages caused by sharing of Works.
9. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
The User shall not engage in the followings when using the Application and the Service.
- ctivities that are an infringement of the Terms and Conditions.
- ctivities that infringe intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademarks and patents, and all other rights of the Company and/or third parties granted by the law or contract.
- ctivities that infringe the Portrait Rights, property, or privacy of the Company and/or third parties.
- efaming the character or trustworthiness of a third party or the Company; slandering or threatening third parties or the Company; or engaging in any similar act.
- ctivities that lead to the spoofing of the Company and/or third parties, or intentionally spreading false information.
- ctivities that conflict with the interests of the third parties.
- ctivities that disclose (unsolicited or without any agreement of the impl